Friday, October 26, 2012

clarity

My goodness its been awhile. So many things have happened in the last several weeks- I am utterly exhausted just thinking about it! If there was one take-home lesson from this year it would be: God is so very faithful. At all times. In every way. Even when I am not. Perhaps especially when I am not. How undeserved we are of his grace and provision in our lives! Yet He is faithful to grant it over and over again. This year I have spent a lot of time on my knees, asking, pleading for answers, direction, writing on the wall- anything really. I was becoming very weary, wondering if anything would ever come of my requests. Then out of nowhere-seemingly-some clarity was provided. Sweet clarity. It is saddening how much I depend on clarity. What will happen tomorrow? And the next day? And in 5 years? I can't seem to rest unless I know these answers. How much more carefree my life would be if I could rest in the unknown- knowing that God has my back! Circumstances are so trivial and truly insignificant when it comes to the bigger scheme of things. I hope to learn and practice trusting and choosing peace even when I don't feel peace.

Fall in WNC has been absolutely gorgeous. The leaves are vibrant this year-although the mountains in the distances are already beginning to look bare. I will enjoy it while I can! I went into Target today.... dangerous mistake. They are in the process of putting out Christmas decor. I always think fall is my favorite time of year, until this very thing happens. Its just too exciting! We will be out of town for Thanksgiving this year- visiting my hubby's family. I'm wondering if I will break my own rule of getting out my Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving is over? I don't think I can contain myself this year. It is approaching much too slowly!


 Last pick of vegetables from a friend's garden. Yum! 

 Beauty.
 First time cooking with butternut squash. This recipe, found via Pinterest, was delish!
 A group of us chopping firewood for a single mom from our church. I love community :)
 Spice cookies. Easiest recipe ever. Perfect for fall. 

What are you doing to enjoy the fall season this weekend?

1 comment: