Tuesday, June 12, 2012

rainy day

Rain on Mondays should be prohibited. Isn't the most dreaded day of the week hard enough to endure all on its own? A little dramatic, I do admit. Mondays are my grocery shopping days, and the rushing between my vehicle and the various places on my list, attempting to avoid getting soaked, was not ideal. However, my yellow J.Crew umbrella made it a little more bearable. In the end, everything on my list was checked off and I was soon home with a [free!] Starbucks coffee in hand, putting things in there place. It was then that I realized I had about 5 apples that were needing to be used right away. So I decided to make apple chips with them and share them with you!


Using a mandoline, slice the apples. 



Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar (compliments to Pampered Chef products for making this easy as pie!). Yum!


Bake at 225 degrees F for 1 hour. Flip apple slices on opposite side and bake for 1 hour or until crisp.


Allow to cool and enjoy!

I always try to bake something both yummy and healthy on Mondays and this was the perfect recipe for today's dreariness. Plus I was able to finally sit down and finish this book in between baking times! I'd say this week's Monday was not so bad after all. What is your Monday routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment