Thursday, May 31, 2012

closed doors lead to open ones.


Patience. This is an ongoing lesson for me. It seems like every season in my life thus far, God has somehow continuously incorporated lessons on patience. You'd think I'd be an expert at it so far, however I'm still one of the most impatient people I know. Go figure. Through the worlds eyes, including my own at times, my world seems to be stuck in a stagnant place full of "unknowns". Its not very pleasant to say the least. Things haven't gone "as planned". To summarize-I don't have my home with the white-picket fence, so-to-speak. Recently, God has quickly opened some major doors, and seemingly-just as quickly-slammed them shut. But this week I am learning that through those closed doors- He is leading us to better ones. The verse Isaiah 43:19 has been on my heart. 
"Behold, I am doing a new thing, 
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it
I will make a way in the wilderness and 
rivers in the desert."
Can I get an 'amen'?! A new thing. This is true hope. Sometimes closed doors can bring such discouragement, confusion, wonderment of what's next. But closed doors can also bring us to open doors that are better than we could have imagined and more fitting to our needs and desires. And perhaps we may not have seen through the new open door with such clarity without experiencing that closed one behind us. God is so good. I'm so glad that He sees the bigger picture because, unfortunately, all I seem to catch sight of is where I am at in this very moment in time. I want to see what His future holds for me and my family. I want to perceive it with discerning eyes and heart. I certainly don't want to miss it.  Hang in there my friends, God wants to do a new thing in all of us. Like me, your circumstances may seem like you're in the wilderness or the desert, but that's exactly where God can make a way and lead you to open doors that you never thought possible! So here's to doors, both the open and the closed ones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment