Friday, May 25, 2012

happy friday

Ah, another week gone by. This can only mean that summer days are getting closer and closer! This makes me unbearably happy. I know we have had many unusually warm days this spring (and winter for that matter) but there's nothing like summer weekends at the lake, Sunday afternoons in the park, & drives leading to hikes on the Blue Ridge Parkway,! I can hear the beach calling my name, so I will probably be spending this Memorial Day weekend dreaming of the sound of ocean waves and 
sand between my toes....

Photo found here.

Doesn't that look simply wonderful? My kind of paradise. However, I am unfortunately quite far from anywhere with that kind of atmosphere and scenery! Oh well, I will gladly settle for a quiet weekend at home enjoying the warm weather, meals that will most likely include grilled meat and veggies, and of course time spent with my sweet hubby! Perhaps at some point I will find the time to sit in the sun and get lost in a good book :) What are your plans for Memorial Day? Happy Friday everyone

1 comment:

  1. I got to lose myself in three books this week while spending my days in the sun :) It was glorious, and I hope you get to do it soon, even without the beach!

    ReplyDelete