Thursday, May 24, 2012

revelation.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (emphasis added). Weakness. Yikes. That seems to be a key word in my thoughts lately. I seem to be in constant battle with myself and of course, the enemy. When I read over this familiar passage in 2 Corinthians I was reminded that without Him, with out His grace, I am nothing. Even worse, I am nothing but: my own weakness, my own hardships, my own limitations, my own failures, my own opposition. But because of His sufficient grace in my life I am enough. He makes me enough. Enough to-through His power-overcome my weakness, failures, and limitations.

Photo found here.

I am enough. I love this. Not in the feminist, "self-kindness collaboration" kind of way that it has apparently become. No, when I see these words I immediately thank my Savior for making me enough. To state this phrase and believe it is certainly not due to anything I have done or become on my own. In fact, I am going through a season in my life where I struggle in believing that my identity is not in my weakness or failures. I am thankful that He is faithful and will continue to instill His promises and truths in my heart as I follow Him and take the steps toward knowing and believing that if I will "boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.....For when I am weak, then I am strong." I love that God uses such simple things such as encouraging emails, sunny afternoons, and funny moments to lift my spirit and bring small victories. I will not give up or give into my flesh's tendency to become anxious and overwhelmed with all that life throws into a day's, month's, year's time. I encourage you not to give up or give in as well. You are enough. He has made you enough. Let's begin to walk in that truth.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment