Thursday, July 18, 2013

thoughts on patience

Summer seems to be slipping away so quickly. I can hardly believe its the middle of July. Where does time go these days? If you live in the southeast, most of your July, like mine, has been wet. Really wet. What's with all this rain? I've felt lately that somehow I was re-located to Seattle without my consent. I've never seen this much rain in my life. Oh well. Life goes on.

Here's the first part of my July as told by Instagram...
We have a new favorite downtown. If you're ever in Asheville you must try this place. 
Best fish tacos ever.

Rainy breakfast date with my favorite :)

Barnes & Noble + Starbucks coffe + 
preparing for sharing our hearts with our church body = indescribably sweet moments

Made pasta for the first time in forever. Whole wheat of course :) It was yummy. 

So. About patience. Is it just me, or is this an ongoing life lesson for everyone? It seems like every corner turned, proceeding each small victory, there's another giant obstacle staring me in the face. Seeming to ask bluntly, "What's the problem? Haven't you learned to trust by now?"  Yeah, I haven't. I'm hopeful that I am progressing in this learning process. But I'm so. not. there. yet. I'm not saying I expect to have a perfect life with zero trials or run-ins with the world. We are promised that as followers of Jesus- we should expect hardship and resistance. I'm just asking the Lord to help me not panic every time it comes. To learn to relax in Him, knowing that He has a plan, because His faithfulness has been proven time and time again. Why is it so difficult to trust? Why is it so easy to forget that He always provides? That good always comes even when it looks so evil and hopeless in the moment? Testing. Its not fun. Our faith is being tested. Learning and growing- whether I like it or not! It is a good thing. And I'm grateful for it- underneath all this anxiety and craziness. It drives me to my knees, to the Word, to a strong desire for more of Him. Hm, maybe I'm catching on.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for listening. Hope your mid-July is truly wonderful.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment