Thursday, August 30, 2012

fall fever

I am eagerly anticipating fall this year. I used to despise fall merely because it led to winter-and winter and I do not get along. I'm not a fan of the bitter cold. But fall weather- that I can handle. Changing seasons is fun for me. It comes with a fresh sense of newness and transformation that simply makes life exciting. This must be an indication that I'm getting older (& perhaps wiser in the process?!)...because I haven't always done well with change. My parents tell me that when I was 3 years old and I figured out that we were moving from Florida to North Carolina (big change for my family)- I began to not eat or sleep much and even refused to color with anything other than black crayons. I promise my coping skills have evolved and improved since then. But change can be difficult. Unless it is embraced and utilized to mark a new season of life, looking forward to whatever lies ahead. Yes, change can be good.

I believe Starbucks is now serving their famous pumpkin spice latte. I don't even like pumpkin spice lattes but just knowing they are available again makes me happy. It is a sign of autumn. Although it is 86 degrees today, I just want to dig out my cooler weather-wordrobe and wear something like this...

Found here.
 or maybe this....
Found here.
or even this...
Found here.

Another sure sign of fall....this weekend is our area's annual Apple Festival. For as long as I can remember we have helped work a booth owned and run by a family friend that is more like an aunt or second mom to me. Her family has an apple orchard and she sells and makes "everything apple". Fried apple pies. Apple chips. Caramel apples. Candy apples. Apple wedges. You name it.  It will be a weekend to remember....as long as the weather is in our favor. What are your Labor Day weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment