Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Currently...


The summer is getting the best of me. I have had "write blog post" on my to-do list for weeks now. Finally- I can mark it checked! Here's a list to catch up. Inspiration taken from this blog. Side note: I just love the blogging community- the excitement I get when I click a bookmarked link and find a brand new, unread post is amusing even to me! So I sincerely want to say, thanks for reading ya'll

Currently loving...summer days. Although it has been unusually warm for our area- I don't mind the heat...all the more reason for pool days, glasses of Mama B's sweet tea, cook outs with family and friends, countless juicy watermelon wedges, and other fun summer past times.

Currently reading...Nehemiah along with the Bible Study guide by Kelly Minter. Confession: I never read this Old Testament book before and its pretty inspiring. More on that later. Also reading The Book Thief. I'm finding it hard to get into but I've heard good things about it so I'm persevering.

Currently waiting for...peace.... understanding....confirmation. Seems like a never ending battle. But I am believing that by pursuing peace God will graciously reveal His plans in due time.

Currently excited about...Kombucha- a mushroom tea that some friends got us hooked on. We are actually brewing it in our very own kitchen! Sounds a little sketchy-I know- but pretty exciting when we get to pour a glass of immunity and energy-boosting- fruit-infused tea whenever (seriously- we have gallons of it!) we want!

Currently missing...simpler times. The days when the most of my worries was passing Chemistry exams and whether or not I had enough gas money to get home for the weekend. I admit- at the time those things were much bigger than life to me. But now with more life experience under my belt I realize that it only gets tougher.

Currently trying...to get back into shape. I have a tendency to put it off- and I do it quite well! But my gym membership pass is on my keychain and it has been staring me in the face and adding to my guilt. Not to mention my lack of energy and motivation- all attributed to laziness!

Currently working at...pursuing God wholeheartedly. I want to know Him and be known by Him.

Currently enjoying...spending time with my hardworking husband. Unfortunately, his job requires him to be outside in the scorching heat these days, and he comes home exhausted. And both our vehicles have required his workmanship in the garage the last month's worth of Saturdays. So when we get even a few hours together- I cherish it. He's pretty amazing.

Currently using...Aveda's Pure Abundance shampoo. It is doing wonders for my hair that was a having a “blah” sort of....year. Much healthier and I love the pure, clean smell.

Currently wearing...yoga pants and a t-shirt. I have every intention of hitting the gym today...at some point.

Currently planning...a girl's weekend getaway for the young adult ladies at our church. The guys up and decided to take off and go to the lake without us. So we are left to decide and plan something spectacular all on our own. I think we'll manage.

Currently singing...a song by Needtobreathe called Garden. The chorus is literally the cry of my heart (currently). “Let the songs I sing bring joy to You, let the words I say confess my love. Let the notes I choose be Your favorite tune. Father, let my heart be after You.”

Currently needing...affirmation that I am enough and not too much all at the same time.

Currently processing...The film Father of Lights by Darren Wilson about the heart of God. It was absolutely lifechanging. Truly a testimony of the awesoome power and divine love of God from the very beginning to the very end.

Currently wishing...I had my very own KitchenAid to whip up a cheesecake for my sweet husband when he gets home, among many other things on my “baking to do list”. Some day...

Currently doing...church-out of the box. For the second year in a row- our church is spending 6 weeks of the summer in the heart of our city instead of inside the four walls of our building. Singing praises to his name, blessing little ones with goodies and a skit planned just for them, praying for the sick, and serving a free meal and delicious sweet tea to anyone who wishes to partake. Just being the body of Christ seeking to bless our city.

Currently praying for...cringe. This is loaded- I'll give you the shortened-reader's digest version. Asking forgiveness for complacency and not being fully faithful to my God who is always faithful.

Currently dreaming of...our own home. Whether God has us in the city in a cute little apartment, in the country where we can have a garden and raise chickens, or even somewhere crazy and out of my comfort zone like in a foreign country where we can serve and be the hands and feet of Jesus. Wherever it is- we're ready for it. More than ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment